Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekends are too short.




Usually for me, weekends don't consist of too much. I really like my downtime and I need the time to regroup for the busy week. I don't know why but by 10:30pm, I'm whipped! This weekend, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed. I organized my perfumes & lotions, getting rid of things I'd been holding onto for far too long. If I tell ANYONE that I need more sprays/perfumes/lotions, please refrain me from doing so. I have enough lotion and perfume to literally last me a couple of years. And no I'm not joking.

Then, my chef (a.k.a. boyfriend ;)) made home made "lo mein", which was quite delicious. Topped off with a nice glass of chardonnay, I was a happy camper. We spent the evening together just relaxing and enjoying each other's company.

I also bought the starter set for my own at home gel manicures this weekend. I had heard about them from a blog that I read which you can check out here. I was intrigued, but didn't want to spend the money on the kit. On Saturday I finally sucked it up. I had had enough of my terrible nails that 1) always chip, 2) require almost daily manicures since I'm pretty rough on my hands and 3) seem to break when I get them to the perfect length.

So far so good, I think they look nice even though they are MUCH shorter than normal for me. First manicure I take as the trial run, I wasn't ready for how thick the foundation polish was! Next time will be much better! I'm so glad that I made the investment. I feel much more put together when my nails are done.

What did you do this weekend?

2 comments: