Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Whoa oh oh ohhh, for the longest time

It has been a long time since I have felt this good. Everything seems to be lining up. My health - body, mind, and spirit are in good condition. Usually, I'd be waiting for the ball to drop, but I can honestly say that I am daily taking steps towards bettering myself in every aspect.

I reached out to an old friend, and in just a few short messages, I was convinced that I turned out for the better. I cannot say how grateful I am. The conversation started normal, and then awkward very quickly. I felt judged for 1) going to college, and 2) having a good job - when in reality this person knows just about nothing about my life at 23 years old. I couldn't believe it. It feels like 16 years old was 10 million miles from where I am now - and I have absolutely nothing in common with this person anymore.

I always believed that people really don't change. But in regards to myself, that cannot be farther from the truth. Little things will always be the same with me, but I am just a much better version of myself right here and right now. And I won't apologize for that.

I know that not everyone is fortunate enough to have a college education under their belt - and I can't honestly say that it has really helped me in my career as of yet (in terms of the subject I studied), but I am hopeful that it will play a role later in my life. But there are options out there to provide that to yourself. I encourage it, if not only for the experience. I miss college everyday. I miss learning and I miss the late nights with my friends who were down the hall, or a 5 minute walk across campus.

But my life is good. And it is good because of the opportunities I have taken advantage of and created for myself. Be a self-motivator. It really pays off.

And that, my friends is my wisdom for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment